Did you know that this week is Bike to School Week at Frankland? We are keeping track of all the kids who ride, scoot, run or walk to school in the gym! So ride, scoot, run or walk to school tomorrow and for the rest of the week! And remember to wear a helmet!
Then on Monday June 4th, the teachers will be organizing a bike rodeo/parade near the end of the day. So bring your bike or scooter if you can!
Let’s celebrate sustainable transportation at Frankland!
Reminder : Staff Appreciation Lunch is this Tuesday. Say thanks to the amazing staff at Frankland by bringing in some food for their lunch.
Hello Frankland Parents!
Every year we say “thank you” to all the staff at Frankland by putting together a Staff Appreciation Lunch! This year we have selected Tuesday, May 29th. We are looking for food donations and volunteers. Here are the details:
Tuesday, May 29th
We are requesting Salads, Main Dishes, and Desserts.
Food needs to be dropped off upstairs in the Staff Room by 10am. Please label your containers and provide us with any heating/serving instructions.
Containers will be washed and ready for pickup at the end of the day.
Volunteers are needed to help set up the lunch, and clean up after lunch.
Please email Jen Volk email@example.com if you can donate food and/ or your time.
Mark your calendars, our Silent Auction is coming – Friday, April 13th from 7pm-9:30pm. We need your support to make this event a success. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Donations – who do you know who might like to give us some great items to bid on? Any donations, big or small (of all price points!) are welcome! We’re looking for things like gift certificates, sports/events/concert/tickets, air miles, vacation properties to hand-made toques, toys, jewellery and artwork. If you have items to donate, please contact Nicole Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Class Themed Gift Baskets –the themed baskets are back again this year! Classes have chosen their themes and parents are asked to bring in an item to contribute to the basket if they would like. Look for communication from your class rep about the baskets but in the meantime, Shelley Adam has given us a glimpse of the themes chosen by the teachers:
- Room 101 — Family Fun Night
- Room 102 — Yoga & Mindfulness
- Room 103 — Family Cooking & Baking
- Room 104 — Toronto Sport Teams
- Room 105 — Reading Basket
- Room 106 — Snack Basket
- Room 108 — Coffee & Tea
- Room 109 — Arts & Crafts
- Room 201 — Kitchen/Culinary
- Room 202 — A “Hygge” Home
- Room 203 — Dinner & Movies
- Room 204 — Gourmet Food
- Room 205 — Gardening
- Room 206 — Board & Card Games
- Room 207 — Canadian Outdoors
3. Volunteers– we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. If you would like to lend a hand and do a shift, please sign up here. If you have any questions about volunteering, you can email email@example.com
4. Food Donations – we are looking for finger foods both sweet and savory to serve on the night of the auction. Homemade, store bought, whatever is easiest for you. If you can bring something in, please contact Natasha (mom of Anya in Gr 5 and Zoe in Gr 3) and let her know firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Follow Us – on Facebook, on the Frankland Parent Blog and on Instagram. Get get daily updates on the items available for auction! Like and share and RSVP to help us spread the word!
2018 Silent Auction Committee
Frankland Social – Skating Party Jan 26th 6:30-9pm.
Join us for Cookies & Hot Chocolate @ Withrow Park Rink.
P.A. Day Fun December 1st – Come Sing With Us
The Riverdale Share Holiday sing-along is back again this year. Join us at the Second Cup on the Danforth between 11am-12pm to sing some holiday songs. The Second Cup is generously giving $1 of every beverage purchased that day to Riverdale Share. Oh – and there may be a visit from a special someone too. Fa la la!!
Thank you to students, staff, parents and the community! The Textile Recycling Program Nov 27-30th at Frankland did well- total of 280KG! diverted from the landfill and cheque for $56.00 towards My Clothes My Wold workshop in the spring!
Frankland Book Fair: Next Week in the Library
Support Frankland and Can You Help Out?
This year we have partnered with the local bookshop, Ella Minnow Children’s Bookstore. Our fall Book Fair runs next week in the Library, from Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning. Hundreds of items will be available: kids’ books, general interest, graphic novels, themed materials and more. Proceeds go toward enlarging and maintaining our divisional and library collections.
Your child’s class will visit (without purchasing) during a school day. Purchases can be made after school to correspond with our Parent-Teacher Interview schedeule.
Book Fair Hours:
Tuesday Nov 14 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Wednesday Nov 15 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Thursday Nov 16 3:30-8:00 Credit cards accepted as well.
If you can help out on Tuesday or Wednesday, please let Ms. Ellis know.
Bring your Jack-o-lanterns to the main Hogarth – Strathcona pathway and help us light up the night.
A few notes:
- please bring a candle or tealight with your pumpkin if you can
- this is a 100% volunteer run event. Please help us clean up at the end of the evening by putting your pumpkin in the bin.
- High School students want some hours? Help us out by cleaning up at our event. Contact email@example.com to let us know.
Marguerite Campbell is currently a centrally assigned Principal in Teaching and Learning at the TDSB. In over 28 years as an educator, she has taught Kindergarten to Grade 6 as well as physical education, integrated arts, special education, has been a literacy coordinator and a school administrator. Marguerite was involved with teaching and administering the Additional Qualifications course at OISE/UT and also spent time as a Course Director for York University’s Faculty of Education at Regent Park Site and OISE/UT at the Urban Diversity site.
For details on how you can help SUPPORT the Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts for the island of Dominica see flyer.