- 9/23/19: Bring “toonie for Terry” begins
- 9/27/19: Terry Fox Run at 2 pm at Withrow Park
The annual Terry Fox Run will take place in a couple of weeks on Friday, September 27th at 2pm at Withrow Park. Students are encouraged to wear their Frankland gear or something blue and white on that day as our entire school takes up the goal set out in Terry’s Marathon of Hope: to find a cure for cancer.
There have been tremendous strides made in cancer treatment and prevention, but we know there is still a long road ahead. Students are asked to bring in a “toonie for Terry” to contribute to the Terry Fox Foundation which funds cancer research. Students are welcome to bring more than a toonie, if they choose. Our grade 6 students will begin collecting toonies on Monday, September 23rd. The fund raiser will last one week. Our goal is $1,000.00 this year.
To motivate students to think about their own goals, every student will be creating a Terry Fox shoe to share who they will be running for. Students in Ms. Jensen and Mr. Williams classes will also be heard on the announcements with educational and inspiring messages about Terry Fox.
Parents and family members are welcome to join us for the run on Friday, September 27th at 2pm at Withrow Park. Meanwhile, keep bringing in those “toonies” for Terry!
Thank you for your support in making this event a success!
Ms. Waithe and The Frankland Staff
June 2- June 7, 2019
Looking forward to more of that sunny weather next week! Let’s dust off our bikes and ride to the FUN FAIR this Sunday and get biking and safety information from CultureLink. A fabulous kickstart to Bike to School Week at Frankland CS!
Cycling Education Workshops from CultureLink for the Junior Students on June 6th. More information to come…
Hey! Did you know you can read all the minutes from past School Council Meetings here?
Also you can find School Newsletters here! Paper copies are also available in the school office.
Keep up to date with Frankland Athletics here!
Come out and enjoy the new rink at Withrow Park at Frankland’s Annual Skating Party! If you need skates, why not post a ISO on the Frankland Swap and Shop page? This Friday, Feb. 8, 6:30-9:00 pm. Please BYOMug for free hot chocolate and cookies! #skatingparty #hotchocolate #byomug
If your child is in grade 1-6 and is interested in participating, please carefully read everything below and complete the registration form by November 30 2018.
– programs run from January 7 2019 (first week back after the holidays) to March 8 2019 (the Friday before March break)
– each child is eligible to participate in 2 lunch programs
– registration is via google form only this year, no paper copies are available in the office
– spots will be confirmed by December 7 2018
– do not submit payment for paid programs before your child’s spot is confirmed
– we will accept cash or cheque, we will confirm amount and who to make cheque payable to in the confirmation e-mail
– review the overall schedule of everything going on in the school at this time, lunch programs are in red font
– lunch programs are listed by day, activity and eligible grade levels – please double check grade levels!
– complete one form per child by November 30 2018
– make sure you provide your child’s 1st and 2nd choice, as well as their alternate choice
– wait until your child’s spot is confirmed before submitting payment for paid programs
QUESTIONS: please contact Ali or Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these great programs being offered by Frankland Community Centre. There are still some spaces for Winter 2019 programs. Sign up now! Join in the fun.