June 2- June 7, 2019
Looking forward to more of that sunny weather next week! Let’s dust off our bikes and ride to the FUN FAIR this Sunday and get biking and safety information from CultureLink. A fabulous kickstart to Bike to School Week at Frankland CS!
Cycling Education Workshops from CultureLink for the Junior Students on June 6th. More information to come…
Invitation to Jackman’s Math Night This Thursday!
This Thursday, March 21, Jackman will host an open house for parents (self guided tour – no formal presentation) to learn about math learning at Jackman. THEN join us in the library for a presentation from Dr. Brenda Smith-Chant from the Mehrit Institute, who will speak to parents on the topic of Math, Self-Regulation, Anxiety and Well-Being!
3:30 pm to 7:00 pm – Drop-in open house tour to hear about math learning for all students at Jackman
7:00 pm – Come listen to Dr. Brenda Smith-Chant in the school library.
Refreshments will be served, and child care is provided.
For more details, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is busy getting ready for the early May performances of Annie Jr! If your child is performing and you are eager to find out more about their costume needs, please email email@example.com with your child’s name/role and we’ll be happy to send the cast costume letter and reference images.
This Sunday and Monday is the 50% off sale at Value Village so its a good time to go shopping.
We are hoping to collect costumes after March Break so we have time for sewing and organizing what is needed!
Also be sure to join the private Facebook group here for updates and news about the production. We thank you for your support.
The Frankland Fun Fair is a long standing tradition and is a heartwarming annual event which strongly reflects the uniqueness of our “Community School”.
Coming soon on Friday January 25th at 6:30 pm in the gym…Smallfoot! Watch the trailer! Everyone is welcome to come in PJs and popcorn will be available.
This Thursday, December 13th, is the Gr.1-6 Concert at 1 pm and at 7 pm. Please let Mr. Roedding know if your child is unable to attend the evening concert as it may affect what instrument they will play.
Also a reminder to dress your kids in Grades 1-6 in white shirts and black bottoms! If you are in need of a white shirt, post an ISO on the Frankland Swap or Shop!
Show running time is 75 minutes.
Come and join us next Friday, Dec 14th from 6:30pm to 7:30pm for Friends of Withrow Park annual Carols by Candlelight. Fa la la with Toronto Choral Society, enjoy some hot chocolate, holiday stories by Pepper and a visit from someone special. All around the warmth of the fire pit. See you there!
A delicious annual tradition is on tomorrow starting at 9 am! Don’t forget to bring a non-perishable food item to donate.
3pm at the Danforth Music Hall
A concert benefiting organizations in the neighbourhood that support families in need.
Tickets are $25 at The Big Carrot and Treasure Island
A new block of tickets has just been released for sale today at these two locations.
Much cheaper than the online version at Ticketmaster – get them before they are gone!
Check out the show line-up at www.riverdaleshare.com
If your child is in grade 1-6 and is interested in participating, please carefully read everything below and complete the registration form by November 30 2018.
– programs run from January 7 2019 (first week back after the holidays) to March 8 2019 (the Friday before March break)
– each child is eligible to participate in 2 lunch programs
– registration is via google form only this year, no paper copies are available in the office
– spots will be confirmed by December 7 2018
– do not submit payment for paid programs before your child’s spot is confirmed
– we will accept cash or cheque, we will confirm amount and who to make cheque payable to in the confirmation e-mail
– review the overall schedule of everything going on in the school at this time, lunch programs are in red font
– lunch programs are listed by day, activity and eligible grade levels – please double check grade levels!
– complete one form per child by November 30 2018
– make sure you provide your child’s 1st and 2nd choice, as well as their alternate choice
– wait until your child’s spot is confirmed before submitting payment for paid programs
QUESTIONS: please contact Ali or Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org