Did you know that this week is Bike to School Week at Frankland? We are keeping track of all the kids who ride, scoot, run or walk to school in the gym! So ride, scoot, run or walk to school tomorrow and for the rest of the week! And remember to wear a helmet!
Then on Monday June 4th, the teachers will be organizing a bike rodeo/parade near the end of the day. So bring your bike or scooter if you can!
Let’s celebrate sustainable transportation at Frankland!
We need your support to make this event a success. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Donations – who do you know who might like to give us some great items to bid on? Any donations, big or small (of all price points!) are welcome! We’re looking for things like gift certificates, sports/events/concert/tickets, air miles, vacation properties to hand-made toques, toys, jewellery and artwork. If you have items to donate, please contact Nicole Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Class Themed Gift Baskets –the themed baskets are back again this year! Classes have chosen their themes and parents will be asked to bring in an item to contribute to the basket if they would like to. Look for communication from your class rep about the baskets but in the meantime, Shelley Adam has given us a glimpse of the themes chosen:
- Room 101 — Family Fun Night
- Room 102 — Yoga & Mindfulness
- Room 103 — Family Cooking & Baking
- Room 104 — Toronto Sport Teams
- Room 105 — Reading Basket
- Room 106 — Snack Basket
- Room 108 — Coffee & Tea
- Room 109 — Arts & Crafts
- Room 201 — Kitchen/Culinary
- Room 202 — A “Hygge” Home
- Room 203 — Dinner & Movies
- Room 204 — Gourmet Food
- Room 205 — Gardening
- Room 206 — Board & Card Games
- Room 207 — Canadian Outdoors
3. Volunteers– we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. If you would like to lend a hand and do a shift, please sign up here. If you have any questions about volunteering, you can email email@example.com.
4. RSVP– follow us on Facebook and get daily updates on the items available for auction! Like and share to help us spread the word!
2018 Silent Auction Committee
Frankland Social – Skating Party Jan 26th 6:30-9pm.
Join us for Cookies & Hot Chocolate @ Withrow Park Rink.
P.A. Day Fun December 1st – Come Sing With Us
The Riverdale Share Holiday sing-along is back again this year. Join us at the Second Cup on the Danforth between 11am-12pm to sing some holiday songs. The Second Cup is generously giving $1 of every beverage purchased that day to Riverdale Share. Oh – and there may be a visit from a special someone too. Fa la la!!
October 28 – 8:00pm
Royal Canadian Legion
1083 Pape Avenue
Hi friends and neighbours. Our sure-to-be awesome Halloween Bash is only a month away! This is a self-funded event, and we’re required to make payments to the Legion in advance of the party, so please send $10 per person to firstname.lastname@example.org (PW BADDPRESS).
But get on our list as soon as possible – we sold to capacity in June – and get your (optional) costumes ready: best costumes win prizes!
The Ontario FunPass (coupons for Ontario attractions and parks) should come home with students at the end of June, but who can ever find it mid-summer. You can print off the coupons by going online:
It’s almost time for the Frankland Fun Fair, which means it’s time to start planning for the annual CAKE RAFFLE! Calling all bakers, bakers-in-training and creative cooks – grab an apron, whip up a fabulous and fun culinary confection and donate it to the Cake Raffle at the Fun Fair. Cakes should be dropped off in room 106 by 10:45 am on Sunday, June 4th (don’t forget to buy raffle tickets – you just might win it back!).
Advance Wrist Band Purchase
Until tomorrow, we will be accepting advance orders for Fun Fair Wrist Bands. The prepaid wristbands will be sent home to you on Thursday, June 1st. Copies of the Information Flyer – Order Form can be picked up at the office.
In order to make this a memorable event for our kids, we need everyone’s help! Each year we rely heavily on our amazing parent community to participate on the day of the event. The Fun Fair’s success hinges on the large troop of dedicated, enthusiastic and over qualified Falcon family volunteers! Please help out using the online sign-up or email Ali Popp to volunteer your time.
Book Sale at FUN Fair
We are looking for donations of books for our FUN Fair. If you are willing to donate some, please drop them at the front office at school. Thanks to those of you who have already done so.