School Council Vacancy, come and join us!
We have a vacancy on our School Council. We are in need of a Fundraising Chair. Come and join the fun!
Please contact School Concil Chair Jen Volk email@example.com if you are interested.
The Fundraising Chair is expected to:
Develop a fundraising strategy to meet funding needs over the course of the school year
Coordinate scheduling of fundraising projects
Coordinate Direct Donation Campaign
Liaise with volunteer committees of fundraising events
Vote on issues as required
Attend monthly council meetings
The Frankland Fun Fair is a long standing tradition and is a heartwarming annual event which strongly reflects the uniqueness of our “Community School”.
A friendly reminder about our upcoming Ward Forum: FUNDRAISING 101 on Thursday January 17, 2019, 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Frankland Community School (816 Logan Ave, Toronto, ON M4K 3E1)
With special guest with Susanna Siou, Manager, Business Development. Bring your questions, learn about helpful resources from our experts, and discuss what’s working and what isn’t. We’ll discuss TDSB guidelines, successful strategies, our challenges, best practices from our community, and how school fundraising works. FREE All are welcome to attend! Refreshments will be served and childcare will be provided. To request interpretation services, please contact Maxeen.Paabo@tdsb.on.ca.
Break open those piggie banks and put that stuff in your backpacks! Bake Sale tomorrow in Rooms 204 and 205. Proceeds to support families affected by Parliament St. fire. Thank you Grade 3s!
We need your support to make this event a success. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Donations – who do you know who might like to give us some great items to bid on? Any donations, big or small (of all price points!) are welcome! We’re looking for things like gift certificates, sports/events/concert/tickets, air miles, vacation properties to hand-made toques, toys, jewellery and artwork. If you have items to donate, please contact Nicole Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Class Themed Gift Baskets –the themed baskets are back again this year! Classes have chosen their themes and parents will be asked to bring in an item to contribute to the basket if they would like to. Look for communication from your class rep about the baskets but in the meantime, Shelley Adam has given us a glimpse of the themes chosen:
- Room 101 — Family Fun Night
- Room 102 — Yoga & Mindfulness
- Room 103 — Family Cooking & Baking
- Room 104 — Toronto Sport Teams
- Room 105 — Reading Basket
- Room 106 — Snack Basket
- Room 108 — Coffee & Tea
- Room 109 — Arts & Crafts
- Room 201 — Kitchen/Culinary
- Room 202 — A “Hygge” Home
- Room 203 — Dinner & Movies
- Room 204 — Gourmet Food
- Room 205 — Gardening
- Room 206 — Board & Card Games
- Room 207 — Canadian Outdoors
3. Volunteers– we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. If you would like to lend a hand and do a shift, please sign up here. If you have any questions about volunteering, you can email email@example.com.
4. RSVP– follow us on Facebook and get daily updates on the items available for auction! Like and share to help us spread the word!
2018 Silent Auction Committee
On Tuesday December 12th, remember to empty your piggy banks to buy yummy treats all in support of the Daily Bread Food Bank! Check out some of the amazing posters found around the school.
From the December Newsletter:
There is going to be a bake sale very soon! This Tuesday, December the 12th, the grade three students in rooms 204 and 205 will be having a bake sale. The money the grade threes collect will go to the Daily Bread Food Bank. We found out that every dollar raised provides one healthy meal. Please ask your child to bring some change to school this Tuesday. You can help someone who needs it, and your child gets a delicious treat to eat! We hope you will attend!
Written by Zoey and Sebastian
P.A. Day Fun December 1st – Come Sing With Us
The Riverdale Share Holiday sing-along is back again this year. Join us at the Second Cup on the Danforth between 11am-12pm to sing some holiday songs. The Second Cup is generously giving $1 of every beverage purchased that day to Riverdale Share. Oh – and there may be a visit from a special someone too. Fa la la!!
For details on how you can help SUPPORT the Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts for the island of Dominica see flyer.