We need your support to make this event a success. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Donations – who do you know who might like to give us some great items to bid on? Any donations, big or small (of all price points!) are welcome! We’re looking for things like gift certificates, sports/events/concert/tickets, air miles, vacation properties to hand-made toques, toys, jewellery and artwork. If you have items to donate, please contact Nicole Hynes at email@example.com
2. Class Themed Gift Baskets –the themed baskets are back again this year! Classes have chosen their themes and parents will be asked to bring in an item to contribute to the basket if they would like to. Look for communication from your class rep about the baskets but in the meantime, Shelley Adam has given us a glimpse of the themes chosen:
- Room 101 — Family Fun Night
- Room 102 — Yoga & Mindfulness
- Room 103 — Family Cooking & Baking
- Room 104 — Toronto Sport Teams
- Room 105 — Reading Basket
- Room 106 — Snack Basket
- Room 108 — Coffee & Tea
- Room 109 — Arts & Crafts
- Room 201 — Kitchen/Culinary
- Room 202 — A “Hygge” Home
- Room 203 — Dinner & Movies
- Room 204 — Gourmet Food
- Room 205 — Gardening
- Room 206 — Board & Card Games
- Room 207 — Canadian Outdoors
3. Volunteers– we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. If you would like to lend a hand and do a shift, please sign up here. If you have any questions about volunteering, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. RSVP– follow us on Facebook and get daily updates on the items available for auction! Like and share to help us spread the word!
2018 Silent Auction Committee
Frankland Book Fair: Next Week in the Library
Support Frankland and Can You Help Out?
This year we have partnered with the local bookshop, Ella Minnow Children’s Bookstore. Our fall Book Fair runs next week in the Library, from Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning. Hundreds of items will be available: kids’ books, general interest, graphic novels, themed materials and more. Proceeds go toward enlarging and maintaining our divisional and library collections.
Your child’s class will visit (without purchasing) during a school day. Purchases can be made after school to correspond with our Parent-Teacher Interview schedeule.
Book Fair Hours:
Tuesday Nov 14 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Wednesday Nov 15 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Thursday Nov 16 3:30-8:00 Credit cards accepted as well.
If you can help out on Tuesday or Wednesday, please let Ms. Ellis know.
Bring your Jack-o-lanterns to the main Hogarth – Strathcona pathway and help us light up the night.
A few notes:
- please bring a candle or tealight with your pumpkin if you can
- this is a 100% volunteer run event. Please help us clean up at the end of the evening by putting your pumpkin in the bin.
- High School students want some hours? Help us out by cleaning up at our event. Contact email@example.com to let us know.
We have established our meeting dates for the year going forward, all Tuesdays, and they are as follows:
Oct 12th, 2017 – Elections
Nov 14th, 2017
Dec 5th, 2017
Jan 9th, 2018
Feb 6th, 2018
Mar 6th, 2018
April 3rd, 2018
May 1st, 2018
Jun 5th, 2018
Jun 19th, 2018 – 2018-2019 Budget Meeting
Subscribe to our Google Calendar with firstname.lastname@example.org or view here.