The school is busy getting ready for the early May performances of Annie Jr! If your child is performing and you are eager to find out more about their costume needs, please email email@example.com with your child’s name/role and we’ll be happy to send the cast costume letter and reference images.
This Sunday and Monday is the 50% off sale at Value Village so its a good time to go shopping.
We are hoping to collect costumes after March Break so we have time for sewing and organizing what is needed!
Also be sure to join the private Facebook group here for updates and news about the production. We thank you for your support.
School Council Vacancy, come and join us!
We have a vacancy on our School Council. We are in need of a Fundraising Chair. Come and join the fun!
Please contact School Concil Chair Jen Volk firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The Fundraising Chair is expected to:
Develop a fundraising strategy to meet funding needs over the course of the school year
Coordinate scheduling of fundraising projects
Coordinate Direct Donation Campaign
Liaise with volunteer committees of fundraising events
Vote on issues as required
Attend monthly council meetings
The Frankland Fun Fair is a long standing tradition and is a heartwarming annual event which strongly reflects the uniqueness of our “Community School”.
Our Garden Educator Elin Marley has been back since September, taking classes into the Learning Garden. Teachers have signed up for scissor salsa, kale chips, garden mapping and seed scavenger hunts. Find out more about Elin’s lesson plans and see some great photos of what the kids have been up to on Elin’s Twitter too.
Also the garden is open at lunch on Thursdays depending on the weather! Parents are welcome to join in. Last week, there was a bit of light weeding, some picking up of trash and some kids got to plant radish seeds. Lemon balm was smelled and some chives were tasted.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 3rd at 7 pm in the staff room! Childcare available. Elections will be happening!
Please read more about School Council Positions here.
Sign up sheets are posted in the front lobby. Nomination forms are in the School Council cubby in the office. They must be filled out before 5pm on the day of the meeting.
Hope to see you there!
Reminder : Staff Appreciation Lunch is this Tuesday. Say thanks to the amazing staff at Frankland by bringing in some food for their lunch.
Hello Frankland Parents!
Every year we say “thank you” to all the staff at Frankland by putting together a Staff Appreciation Lunch! This year we have selected Tuesday, May 29th. We are looking for food donations and volunteers. Here are the details:
Tuesday, May 29th
We are requesting Salads, Main Dishes, and Desserts.
Food needs to be dropped off upstairs in the Staff Room by 10am. Please label your containers and provide us with any heating/serving instructions.
Containers will be washed and ready for pickup at the end of the day.
Volunteers are needed to help set up the lunch, and clean up after lunch.
Please email Jen Volk email@example.com if you can donate food and/ or your time.
We need your support to make this event a success. Here are a few ways you can help out:
1. Donations – who do you know who might like to give us some great items to bid on? Any donations, big or small (of all price points!) are welcome! We’re looking for things like gift certificates, sports/events/concert/tickets, air miles, vacation properties to hand-made toques, toys, jewellery and artwork. If you have items to donate, please contact Nicole Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Class Themed Gift Baskets –the themed baskets are back again this year! Classes have chosen their themes and parents will be asked to bring in an item to contribute to the basket if they would like to. Look for communication from your class rep about the baskets but in the meantime, Shelley Adam has given us a glimpse of the themes chosen:
- Room 101 — Family Fun Night
- Room 102 — Yoga & Mindfulness
- Room 103 — Family Cooking & Baking
- Room 104 — Toronto Sport Teams
- Room 105 — Reading Basket
- Room 106 — Snack Basket
- Room 108 — Coffee & Tea
- Room 109 — Arts & Crafts
- Room 201 — Kitchen/Culinary
- Room 202 — A “Hygge” Home
- Room 203 — Dinner & Movies
- Room 204 — Gourmet Food
- Room 205 — Gardening
- Room 206 — Board & Card Games
- Room 207 — Canadian Outdoors
3. Volunteers– we are looking for volunteers for the night of the event. If you would like to lend a hand and do a shift, please sign up here. If you have any questions about volunteering, you can email email@example.com.
4. RSVP– follow us on Facebook and get daily updates on the items available for auction! Like and share to help us spread the word!
2018 Silent Auction Committee
Frankland Book Fair: Next Week in the Library
Support Frankland and Can You Help Out?
This year we have partnered with the local bookshop, Ella Minnow Children’s Bookstore. Our fall Book Fair runs next week in the Library, from Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning. Hundreds of items will be available: kids’ books, general interest, graphic novels, themed materials and more. Proceeds go toward enlarging and maintaining our divisional and library collections.
Your child’s class will visit (without purchasing) during a school day. Purchases can be made after school to correspond with our Parent-Teacher Interview schedeule.
Book Fair Hours:
Tuesday Nov 14 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Wednesday Nov 15 – 3:30-4:15 Cash sales only Parent Volunteers Needed
Thursday Nov 16 3:30-8:00 Credit cards accepted as well.
If you can help out on Tuesday or Wednesday, please let Ms. Ellis know.
Bring your Jack-o-lanterns to the main Hogarth – Strathcona pathway and help us light up the night.
A few notes:
- please bring a candle or tealight with your pumpkin if you can
- this is a 100% volunteer run event. Please help us clean up at the end of the evening by putting your pumpkin in the bin.
- High School students want some hours? Help us out by cleaning up at our event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.